Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Zac & Family Update

Zac made it to church for the first time this past Sunday and did very well in the nursery. We have an excellent group of volunteers who assist with all of our children at Heartland Church and it's easy to trust them with your child, to be sure. Next week is Easter, of course, and we have a special outfit already purchased for the event. The next big event after that we'll want something special for is likely Mother's Day, which will also be baby dedication day at church. That will be a nice day and both sets of grandparents get to join us as well. We have to make a trip up to Custer end of April to work on some stuff for the store, and we're bringing back my mom and dad at that time so they can be here for that day.

Pretty soon here I intend to start doing some small videos, captured with my phone or with Katy's camera, so you can see Zac moving around and, if I catch it with my phone, hear him as well. I'm unsure if I'll be able to include it in this page or just have to create a link to a YouTube location, but I'll work it out. Look for that soon and I'll notify everyone when it happens, which should be later today or tomorrow.

On other things, Katy goes back to work the 1st of April. We're unsure if she'll work full-time or part-time that very first week as she gets back in the swing of things, but that's the week it all happens. Obviously since I'm not yet working I'll be staying home to take care of Zac for the time being. I did meet with another recruiting firm today who would like to present me for a position. I'm working on changing up my resume a bit for that spot so they can present it with a slightly different focus than it presently has. God will take care of all of this job stuff in His timing, so I'm not at all concerned or worried about when that will be. Also, there is no need for me to take a job that pays less than I made at Intuit, as we'd end up losing money on the process after paying daycare costs, so I'll wait it out for that right position. I've looked deeply into going into business for myself, doing tech support work and things of that sort, and will continue picking up side jobs along those lines. We made the decision to hold off on me doing that full-time because we still would like to move in the next year or so and to do that, a mortgage will be much tougher to get if I'm self-employed and haven't posted two years of income yet in that venture.

Again, look for a new post soon with information on video links!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say hi to everyone!



Claire

Scott said...

Hi Claire! I love you! Check out the video link now showing. I'll get better quality ones, or at least ones you can see better, up as we go. :) -- Daddy