Monday, May 19, 2008

New Videos Posted

Sorry, gang, for being so slow to add new entries lately. I took two short videos this morning with my phone and just posted them on YouTube, which means they should show up here on the right fairly soon. Both are essentially the same. Zac was "talking" to his toys but when I began shooting the video, he was too absorbed in watching himself on the external monitor of my phone to do anything else. But at least y'all can get a chance to see him today.

Mom and Dad left this morning by bus to head back to Custer. We were up at 3:30am (ugh) and the bus was supposed to pick them up at this gas station/supermarket downtown at 4:55. He got there at 6:05. By the time I returned home and took the trash out, it was almost 6:30, meaning I'd been up 3 hours, which made it impossible to get back to sleep. I'm hopeful the two of them catch a few winks on the trip. As I write this, they should be on a short layover in Sioux Falls, SD, then leaving again around noon and arriving this evening shortly after 5, if everything is on time.

Katy threw me a nice surprise birthday party Saturday night, inviting several of my friends. I had an inkling something was up, but I really didn't know for sure of anything. We had a nice cookout with her parents and family and my parents and a few friends. It was good food and Katy made banana pudding, the kind Yankees don't get to eat unless they go South or know someone from the South. It's amazingly good and well worth skipping a cake for this year. She wanted to do something special for my 40th birthday and I feel very blessed to have such an amazing, beautiful woman as my wife. :)

No comments: