Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Touching Base

I realize I've been away for about a week, and I apologize for no new updates in that time. Today is the first day since last Monday that I've felt almost 100% normal. I still ache a little bit in my mouth, but it's controllable by Advil now as opposed to my need to take stronger medicine before. First it was Percoset, and then by Saturday they had changed me over to Vicodin, which for me was a much better solution.

We spent the weekend with Katy's parents, as we lost power on Friday afternoon when a storm blew through. We did not have power restored until yesterday (Monday) afternoon around 2:30, and it's always good to sleep in your own bed, though we are very, very thankful for her parents and their willingness to take us in.

This evening we are heading down to watch Claire play her last softball game of the regular season and then to bring the girls back to Omaha with us for a week. It'll be a late night, especially for Katy and Zac, but it's worth it.

No comments: