Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Claire's Birthday!

Today, September 10th, is Claire's 12th birthday. Twelve. Am I really that old? Is SHE really that old? I am blessed to have two beautiful children. You know how they always joke that a child looks like their mother? I'm wondering if, since the link between Claire & Zac is me, maybe it's ME that is responsible for these two great-looking children. Although, if I espouse that idea too much, I might never hear the end of it. :)

I thought that in honor of Claire's birthday I would put up several pics, starting from a long time ago until something more recent. Unfortunately I don't have anything super recent on the computer, so this will have to do. The black and white one is Claire at a little over a year old, as if you couldn't guess. It's one of my favorite pictures of her to this day, among the many that are ridiculously cute.

The second is in 1999 when I lived in Jackson, MS. This is her with her Uncle Dan's cat, Zoom. She was a little over 2 1/2 in this picture, close to 3. 1999 was a very lucky year for me, as God had told me to move to Jackson even though I didn't want to go. Little did I know He would bring Claire to Mississippi!

The third pic, with frosting on lips, is from Claire's 4th birthday in 2000, held at a church in Omaha. She always has been extremely photogenic. I must say that her little brother also seems to carry this ability.

In Fall 2006, I had a little fun with Claire's hair color in anticipation of a spirit day at school, if I'm not mistaken. Either that or I found a great deal on colored hair sprays and REALLY wanted to try them out.

And then this last picture is from several months ago, as Claire was able to spend some time with her little brother Zac over a weekend in Omaha. I know she misses him as much as I miss her.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just in case Claire is looking at this we will say HAPPY BIRTHDAY! We were not too sure where to send a card as you and your mom and Abbey have been going back and forth from Omaha and KC. We will cover that base by sending you an Ecard, so watch your email!

Yes, Claire is a beautiful granddaughter and Zac is really cute! That said, I have to admit that all my granddaughters are great AND that we are really excited over our first greatgrandchild, Damion Joel (DJ for short). Actually grandma just calls him our "ggboy" (for greatgrandboy). I didn't think that one up! Yes, it is hard to believe that Claire is now 12 years old! Boy, that's old, isn't it? Which makes you, Scott, older than Methusalah! yuk! yuk! Anyway, congrats to all and sundry. Keep those pics coming and we eventually will reply to them. Love you all.
- Grandpa in Custer

Anonymous said...

thanks to dad,katy,grandpa,grandma,everyone else in custer and of course the newest additions to the Benedict fam. Zac and DJ. ... Or I guess ggboy works too.

Love ya, Claire

Anonymous said...

oh sorry about that I totally pressed enter to soon on that last comment. I also want to thank Nana, Puddin' Aunt Mickey Uncle Chad and all the little munchkins up in Omaha

Scott said...

Wish there had been a way to afford to get up to KC for Claire's birthday, but I guess we'll have to make that up at Thanksgiving when she's down here. :)

Scott said...

Claire -- just a quick correction for the future. It's M-i-c-k-i-e. Thanks for remembering them!

Katy

Anonymous said...

oops my bad sorry Aunt MICKIE.