Sunday, October 3, 2010

Bellevue Berry Farm Visit

It's not often during football season that the Huskers have a Saturday off. It's even rarer that you can get me out of the house regardless, given my love of all things college football. However, we had a real desire to take Zac to get his own pumpkin this year and we thought it'd be fun to visit the Bellevue Berry Farm, which is fairly close.


The pics I'm sharing today are from yesterday's visit. One cool thing for kids about this place is that they have all these areas set up with different themes. They also have some animals you can get up close and personal with, and Zac was able to pet a miniature horse and the pigs were very interested in trying to get close to him. :) In addition, he enjoyed the chickens, cows, an emu, full-sized horses and even the family dog.

After walking around a bit and enjoying the cool Fall day and the animals, we hopped on for a hayrack ride around the property. We all enjoyed this, but Zac especially, and toward the end they stop to let everyone pick a pumpkin if they are interested. We let Zac pick out two, one small and one big, and we even bought some of the honey harvested right on the property. Should be good, but for now Zac is much more concerned with his small pumpkin.


For example, he wanted to play with it last night, and during the course of that he presented it to Katy and said "Happy Birthcake". Yes, that's how he normally says "birthday". Then other times he was acting as though he was making something out of it and, when I asked what, he told me he was making garlic. Yes, garlic. He can't even eat garlic because, well, he doesn't wear it very well.

Anyway, such are the fun times of having a toddler in the house. Wouldn't trade it for the world!


9 comments:

Grandma in Custer said...

Scott, thanks so much for this post! It was so cute! And I love hearing of the ways he is growing and changing! Do you remember going to the pumpkin farm when you were in elementary school in Rome? I can't remember the name of it but every teacher took their class at least once every year. Lots of fun and lots of memories! It was not actually located in Rome and we all rode the bus there and that was part of the fun! Love you guys!

Scott said...

Mom, I'm lucky to remember last week. :) I wish I did remember it, but I don't. Guess I need a memory jog of some sort. :)

Fort Osage Baby said...

lol nice Dad. Brain gettin' a little aged over there perhaps? lol Love You!

Dad said...

Oh yes, and I've been sore ever since the day of walking around and riding the hayrack. :)

Fort-O Freshie said...

Ah, well that just makes the experience that much more enjoyable, doesn't it?

Dad said...

Umm, no, but it does remind me I'm getting old and really should get in shape! :)

JV Girl said...

Lol I just finished softball I'm completely in shape. So in shape, in fact, that I really don't wanna run for awhile :)

Scott said...

Well I think I'll be hitting the stationary bike soon. :)

Big Sis x3 said...

Ah, I see. I think that I will just try to maintain my new weight and only run when needed :) I can't stand running. Not after how much running practice we had this season in softball, that is.