Monday, July 20, 2009

We Have Liftoff!

I know. I know. You're thinking, "What the heck?" Well, I try to be clever on this here blog and grab your attention with the titles so you'll be intrigued. Intrigued yet? Well, maybe you should watch the video below and see how you feel. :) This is our first actual captured video, taken yesterday, July 19, 2009, of Zac walking. He's been taking some steps and then Thursday night he walked about 8 or 10 feet on his own initiative. We finally caught it on video yesterday. Now, here's the funny part for us. We've been waiting all this time for him to walk. And often times Zac will do something we think is funny or we want to share with others, so when we go to Gary & Nell's, we'll try to get him to do it but he never will.

Yesterday, however, he decided to change all that. He wouldn't walk to Nell when we first got over there, and we thought perhaps he just wouldn't or that maybe we'd have to get him on the carpet in the living room first. But nope, he had other plans. As I went to sit down, behind me Zac decided to just start walking. He walked from their dining room area clear into the kitchen, and then he was off. We were there for about 2 hours and he just walked and walked and walked. I know this will get old at some point, but for now, it's great to watch! Nell caught a really good one yesterday with her camera and as soon as I get that, I'll post it as well.


1 comment:

Marj. Benedict said...

Yay, Zac! Such a big boy and a handsome one! We are all proud of you and sending you a group hug from Custer!